Gränichen, Switzerland, June 5, 2008 – At its last meeting, the board of directors of Zehnder Group AG appointed Stephen Grao as head of AsiaAmerica and as a member of the executive committee as of July 1, 2008. Stephen Grao succeeds Peter Wiesendanger who – on reaching retirement age – is resigning from this position. Peter Wiesendanger has been operationally active in various functions in the Group since 1988.
However, as vice chairman of the board, Peter Wiesendanger will continue to serve Zehnder Group.
Stephen Grao's CV (British, born 1960)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in 1982 from Loughborough University, Loughborough, U.K.; Master of Business Administration (MBA) in 1984 from Cass Business School, London, U.K.; Master of Philosophy in China/Asia Business Strategy in 2007 from the University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia.
- 2008 management consultant
- 2004-2006 member of the executive committee of CompAir Group, U.K.
- 1999-2003 member of the executive committee of Philips Lighting, Netherlands
- (responsible for business in Central and South America)
- 1984-1999 various management functions in Europe and Asia for Thorn PLC, U.K.
- (appointed a member of the executive committee)
- 1982-1983 marketing assistant in OCP SA, France.